Session 2: India
23-May-2016 Return to conference program
2:45pm to 4:15pm
Director of Market Development
Co-Founder and Managing Partner
Co-Founder and CEO
Head, Social Sector Practice
Nishith Desai Associates
Chief Executive Officer
Co-Founder and Global Managing Partner
Thinkthrough Consulting (TTC)
The program will focus on a discussion on “Accelerating the Growth of Social-Impact Markets in India”.
We will start with a broad view of the key elements of an effective ecosystem to provide the blend of support that early pioneers need to prove new models and leverage harder forms of finance into nascent markets.
Questions that the panel will be discussing include
1. What are the critical building blocks needed for social-impact markets in India to grow?
2. Who is well placed to provide them? What are the right roles for foundations,
governments, corporates, social investors, multilaterals, etc?
3. How can organisations be better incentivised to provide critical support far earlier in the
development of new markets?
Our panellists will be able to provide very differentiated perspectives and should have a good range of examples between them. They will draw from practical experience from MFI, solar, cookstoves, bus rapid transit, growth finance etc.
- Challenges that are faced in identifying curated deal flow in India
- Uniqueness of social investing landscape in India
- Key Challenges and Opportunities
*** Session Report – India (Click to download)