Session 1: Indonesia
23-May-2016 Return to conference program
12:30pm to 2:00pm
Co-Founder and Advisory Board
Learning Farm - Impact HUB - AVPN
Chief Executive Officer
Japfa Foundation Indonesia
Special Staff to the Chief of Staff of the President of the Republic of Indonesia, Advisory Board Member
Yayasan Cinta Anak Bangsa (YCAB)
Associate Director – Sankalp Forum
Intellecap Advisory Services
Indonesia’s social sector and philanthropic landscape are transforming at a rapid pace. This session will explore the key developments impacting philanthropy in Indonesia. Panellists will discuss the distinctive challenges faced by Indonesians as well as the immeasurable opportunities for collaboration.
Questions that the panel will be discussing include:
1. Support for ventures: What kinds of support do social ventures need to help them deliver greater impact on the ground in Indonesia? What is their biggest challenge, and can/should Philanthropists play a role in capacity building?
2. Financial and legal infrastructure: What is being done legislatively to encourage more local/foreign funding/support? What role can each of the different sectors play here?
3. Scaling sustainability: How are Indonesia’s scaling efforts affected by its geographically distinctive landscape? How can this problem be transformed into an opportunity for collaboration?
4. Cultural differences: how do Indonesian giving habits, philanthropic attitudes, etc. differ from their Asian counterparts? What kind of philanthropic ventures are most likely to be successfuland why within Indonesia?
The panellists will provide differentiated perspectives stemming from their diverse experiences in thesocial sector and offer a good range of examples between them.
- Various modes of support developing to promote social venture expansion
- Uniqueness of philanthropic landscape in Indonesia
- Key challenges and opportunities impacting social sector
*** Session Report – Indonesia (Click to download)